Quest QA 4004 Stereo Power Amplifier Details
The Quest QA4004 amplifier has been designed and engineered to a standard not only more than adequate for any demanding installation, it will handle a touring environment with military endurance.
As with all Quest Engineering products it's not looks alone, the design emphasis is on good sonic performance and long life span under professional conditions.
- Input Stage - Parallel XLR inputs and low noise gain stage, silent switch on/off circuitry reduces potential speaker damage in the event of intermittent power.
- Power Supply - The high current power supply is manufactured to function reliably at high temperatures and well exceeds industry standards. This results in smooth bass response and considerable dynamic headroom.
- Industrial Spec Fans - Dual heavy duty cooling fans guarantee long life of all electronic components
- Speakon Connections - International AES standard Speakon connectors wired for two channel and Bridge mono operation simplify speaker connections
- Limiter - A switchable high speed limiter acts as a final speaker protection but can be disconnected where sensing speaker system controllers are required
- Built in Switch-able X-overs - High and low pass filters on each channel make the versatile QA series even more flexible with a sub-mid/high frequency dividing network
- Selectable Gain Settings - Adjustable input switching for 1.4V, 32 dB or 26 dB make system calibration easy
- Easy Access Air Filters - User serviceable air filters are easy to maintain for trouble free operation.
- Built to Last - Heavy gauge welded steel chassis with vibration proof fittings and an emphasis on over engineering guarantees years of trouble free service in demanding environments.
- Rated Power (2 x 8 Ohms): 1,090 W per channel @ 1 kHz at <0.05% T.H.D. both channels driven
- Rated Power (2 x 4 Ohms): 2,000 W per channel @ 1 kHz at <0.05% T.H.D. both channels driven
- THD: >0.5% @ 400 W per channel from 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Minimum Load Impedance: 4 Ohms – Sign wave
- Phase Response: +20 to -25 from 20 Hz to 20 kH
- Input Impedance: 20k Ohms, balanced; 10k Ohms, unbalanced
- Cooling: Two temperature dependant variable speed 120mm high output DC fans
- Controls: Two front panels attenuators, rear panel mode switch and gain select switch
- Hi Pass: Linkwitz-Reily (24 db/Octave): Off/35/80 Hz
- Low Pass:Linkwitz-Reily (24 db/Octave): Off/80/110 Hz
- Voltage Gain @ 0.775: 38 dB or 32 dB
- Crosstalk: >-60 dB @ 1 kHz at rated power @ 8 Ohms
- Hum and Noise: >-104 dB, “A” weighted referenced to rated power @ 8 Ohms
- Slew Rate: >44V/us
- Damping Factor (8 Ohms): >800:1 @ 20 Hz - 1 kH
- Protection: Thermal, DC, turn-on bursts, subsonic, incorrect loads
- Connectors: XLR, Speakon speaker output, 240/230 V 20 amps IEC mains
- Construction: Cold Steel Rolling + Machined aluminium front panel
- Dimensions: 132 x 483 x 496 mm
- Net Weight: 35 kg
- Packaged Shipping Weight: 38 kg
Detailed Shipping & Return Policy Information
- Free Delivery - 3 to 5 Days
- Express Delivey ($20) - 1 to 3 Days
- Store Pick Up (South Melbourne) - Free
Delivery Time frame
Soundcorp will ship all goods the first business day once all funds have cleared.
Refunds and Returns
Defective or dead on arrival items, will be exchanged within 14 days. Return shipping is the responsibility of the customer.
Write Your Own Review
- Soundcorp will match or beat any advertised price on products in-store and on-line.
Complete the details below and a customer support representative will contact you directly with our offer.
Limited to products offered by authorised Australian dealers.
Excludes stock liquidations & commercial quantity's.
Product for price match must be identical and brand new in the box.
Product must be in stock or readily available with an authorised vendor.
The advertised product must be freely available to purchase by any member of the public.