Genelec 8040A Studio Monitor (Each) Details
Boasting performance comparable to much larger systems, but in a compact package, the bi-amplified 8040A is ideal for use in many situations where a wide frequency response is needed but space is limited. Uses include nearfield monitoring, project/home studios, workstations, broadcast and TV control rooms and mobile production vehicles.
The ingenious, flow optimized, reflex port achieves clear deep bass articulation with no compression or port noises. Combined with the advanced Genelec Directivity Control Waveguide (DCW) and the rounded edges and gently curved front and sides of the MDE (Minimum Diffraction Enclosure) enclosure, the result is an astoundingly wide, flat frequency response both on and off axis. Other benefits include superb imaging qualities and less listening fatigue.
Carefully designed crossover filters with steep roll-off feed dedicated amplifiers for each of the low distortion drivers. The 8040A includes magnetic shielding, overload protection circuitry and versatile room response controls as standard.
Each 8040A comes with an Iso-Pod (Isolation Positioner/Decoupler) which eliminates coloration of the sound by decoupling the monitor from its mounting surface.
The Iso-Pod also allows the speaker to be angled so that its acoustic axis points directly at the listener. For ideal mounting in differing environments, the 8040A includes integrated rear support points for floor and wall stands, with an additional M10 threaded mounting hole on the enclosure base.
- Compact, versatile nearfield monitor for project studios, workstations and surround components
- Special low distortion 6.5" woofer and 3/4" metal dome tweeter
- Separate 90-watt bass and treble amplifiers
- 115 dB SPL @ 1m (short term RMS; peak per pair with music material)
- Free field frequency response 48 Hz - 20 kHz (± 2 dB)
Input Format - Analog
- ≥ 105 dB SPL - Maximum short time sine wave acoustic output at 1 m on axis in half space, averaged from 100 Hz to 3 kHz
- ≥ 115 dB SPL @ 1m - Maximum peak acoustic output per pair with music material
- Bass: 165.1 mm (6.5")
- Treble: 19 mm (3/4") metal dome
- Crossover frequencies: 3.0 kHz
- Free field frequency response: 48 Hz - 20 kHz (± 2 dB)
Amplifier Power /Channel: Bass: 90 W & Treble: 90 W
- Speaker Dimensions: 350 x 237 x 223 mm
- Speaker Weight: 8.6 kg
Detailed Shipping & Return Policy Information
- Free Delivery - 3 to 5 Days
- Express Delivey ($20) - 1 to 3 Days
- Store Pick Up (South Melbourne) - Free
Delivery Time frame
Soundcorp will ship all goods the first business day once all funds have cleared.
Refunds and Returns
Defective or dead on arrival items, will be exchanged within 14 days. Return shipping is the responsibility of the customer.
Write Your Own Review
- Soundcorp will match or beat any advertised price on products in-store and on-line.
Complete the details below and a customer support representative will contact you directly with our offer.
Limited to products offered by authorised Australian dealers.
Excludes stock liquidations & commercial quantity's.
Product for price match must be identical and brand new in the box.
Product must be in stock or readily available with an authorised vendor.
The advertised product must be freely available to purchase by any member of the public.