Shure Beta 87A Condenser Vocal Handheld Microphone Details
The Shure Beta 87A is a premium quality supercardioid hand-held electret condenser vocal microphone with exceptionally smooth frequency response and high sound pressure level capability. Used for professional sound reinforcement, broadcasting, and studio recording applications, the Beta 87A combines superb performance with the ruggedness needed for touring and field production.
The Beta 87A features a controlled low-frequency roll-off that compensates for proximity effect and prevents the “boomy” sound often associated with close pick-up. The characteristic Shure presence rise brightens the upper midrange. The tight supercardioid pattern, with null points at approximately 125 degrees, provides maximum isolation from other vocalists or instruments while offering minimal off-axis coloration. The Beta 87A operates on phantom power.
- Smooth frequency response with gradual presence rise
- Highly consistent supercardioid polar pattern provides superior gain-before-feedback
- Electronic low-frequency roll-off compensates for proximity effect
- Wide dynamic range (117 dB) and low distortion characteristics
- Very low susceptibility to RFI and electromagnetic hum
- Advanced cartridge shock-mount system absorbs mechanical shocks and reduces handling noise
- Built-in pop filter reduces undesirable wind and breath sounds
- Cartridge Type - Condenser (electret bias)
- Polar Pattern - Supercardioid
- Output Impedance - Rated at 150 ohms (100 ohms actual +/- 20%)
- Sensitivity (at 1,000 Hz) - Open Circuit Voltage -52.5 dBV/Pa (2 mV)
- Clipping Level (at 1,000 Hz) - Clipping Level (at 1,000 Hz)
- Maximum SPL (at 1,000 Hz) - 140.5 dB (0.25% THD, 1000 ohm load)
- Dynamic Range - 117 dB (maximum SPL to A-weighted noise level)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio - 70.5 dB at 94 dB SPL (IEC 651)
- Polarity - Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3
- Power - Phantom Supply Requirement: 11 to 52 Vdc, positive at both pins 2 and 3
- Connector - Three-pin (XLR) professional audio
- Case - Aluminum construction with blue metallic finish, and hardened steel grille with nickel satin chrome plating
- Net Weight - 207 grams
Detailed Shipping & Return Policy Information
- Free Delivery - 3 to 5 Days
- Express Delivey ($20) - 1 to 3 Days
- Store Pick Up (South Melbourne) - Free
Delivery Time frame
Soundcorp will ship all goods the first business day once all funds have cleared.
Refunds and Returns
Defective or dead on arrival items, will be exchanged within 14 days. Return shipping is the responsibility of the customer.
Write Your Own Review
- Soundcorp will match or beat any advertised price on products in-store and on-line.
Complete the details below and a customer support representative will contact you directly with our offer.
Limited to products offered by authorised Australian dealers.
Excludes stock liquidations & commercial quantity's.
Product for price match must be identical and brand new in the box.
Product must be in stock or readily available with an authorised vendor.
The advertised product must be freely available to purchase by any member of the public.