RME Babyface 22 channel USB Audio Interface (Blue) Details
The RME Babyface is smooth on the outside for looks and feel, inside it has 192 kHz AD- and DA-converters, two reference class microphone preamps, SteadyClock analog circuit design, features and function are truly RME.
It includes the TotalMix FX, a TotalMix on steroids, with a 3-band parametric EQs, plus added echo and reverb: anything you need right out of the box and with near zero latency.
The Babyface uses RME's Hammerfall USB audio core from the Fireface UC - another milestone in low latency audio interfaces, and will give you outstanding performance and top sound in an ultra-portable, nicely designed and attractively shaped enclosure.
- Analog I/Os
- High-End Mic Preamps
- Digital I/Os
- Phones Output
- Instrument Input
- MIDI I/O
- Perfect Control
- USB Made by RME
- Sample rates up to 192 kHz on all I/Os (including two ADAT channels via SMUX4)
- Two digitally controlled microphone preamps in high-end quality
- Two balanced universal inputs for line and instrument signals
- SteadyClock for maximum jitter suppression and clock refresh
- Direct operation with rotary encoder and keys
- TotalMix FX: Newly developed internal DSP high-end mixer
- Full mobility by bus powered operation
- DIGICheck, RME's unique meter and analysis tool included
- Peak and RMS are hardware-calculated for all channels
- Input AD: 2 x XLR (2 x Mic/Line), servo-balanced.
- Output DA (Main, 2 Channels): 2 x XLR, servo-balanced
- Output DA (Phones, 2 Channels): 2 x 1/4" TRS (Stereo), unbalanced (on breakout cable and interface)
- Input Digital: 1 x ADAT optical or SPDIF optical
- Output Digital: 1 x ADAT optical or SPDIF optical
- MIDI: 1 x MIDI I/O via breakout cable (2 x 5-pin DIN jacks), for 16 channels low jitter hi-speed MIDI
- Dynamic range AD: 108 dB RMS unweighted, 111 dBA
- THD AD: < -100 dB (< 0.001 %)
- THD+N AD: < -98 dB (< 0.0012 %)
- Crosstalk AD: > 110 dB.
- Dynamic range DA: 112 dB RMS unweighted, 115 dBA
- THD DA: < -104 dB (< 0.00063%)
- THD+N DA: < -100 dB (< 0.001%)
- Crosstalk DA: > 110 dB
- Maximum Input Level for 0 dBFS: +12 dBu
- Maximum Output Level @ 0 dBFS Line: +15 dBu
- Maximum Output Level @ 0 dBFS Phones: +8 dBu
- Sample rate internally: 32, 44.1, 48, 64, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 176.4, 192 kHz
- Sample rate externally: 28 kHz - 200 kHz
- Frequency response AD, -0.5 dB: 50 Hz – 20.9 kHz (sf 44.1 kHz)
- Frequency response AD, -0.5 dB: 50 Hz – 45.3 kHz (sf 96 kHz)
- Frequency response AD, -1 dB: 30 Hz - 90 kHz (sf 192 kHz)
- Frequency response DA, -0.5 dB: 10 Hz - 22 kHz (sf 44.1 kHz)
- Frequency response DA, -0.5 dB: 10 Hz – 45 kHz (sf 96 kHz)
- Frequency response DA, -1 dB: 5 Hz - 80 kHz (sf 192 kHz)
- Jitter: Typical < 1 ns for internal, ADAT in
- Jitter suppression: >30 dB (2.4 kHz)
- Jitter sensitivity: PLL operates error-free even at 100 ns
- Windows 7 / Vista / XP SP2 (32 & 64 bit)
- Apple Mac OS X 10.5 or up (Core Audio)
System Requirements - Computer with at least Pentium Core 2 Duo CPU
Detailed Shipping & Return Policy Information
- Free Delivery - 3 to 5 Days
- Express Delivey ($20) - 1 to 3 Days
- Store Pick Up (South Melbourne) - Free
Delivery Time frame
Soundcorp will ship all goods the first business day once all funds have cleared.
Refunds and Returns
Defective or dead on arrival items, will be exchanged within 14 days. Return shipping is the responsibility of the customer.
Write Your Own Review
- Soundcorp will match or beat any advertised price on products in-store and on-line.
Complete the details below and a customer support representative will contact you directly with our offer.
Limited to products offered by authorised Australian dealers.
Excludes stock liquidations & commercial quantity's.
Product for price match must be identical and brand new in the box.
Product must be in stock or readily available with an authorised vendor.
The advertised product must be freely available to purchase by any member of the public.