Radial JDI Passive DI Box Details
The Radial JDI is a passive direct box designed to handle extreme signal levels without distortion of any kind.
Unlike an active DI that is limited by the buffering amplifier’s rail voltage, the JDI employs a Jensen audio transformer as the engine. Jensen transformers are legendary in their ability to gracefully handle transients while delivering a smooth, warm sounding Bessel curve, reminiscent of the finest vintage gear.
Ruler flat from 10Hz to 40kHz and with virtually zero phase deviation, the JDI delivers the natural, pure sound of the instrument without artifact.
- Jensen Transformer equipped passive DI
- Eliminates hum and buzz from ground loops
- Virtually zero phase & harmonic distortion
- Exceptional signal handling and noise rejection
- Audio circuit type: Passive, transformer based
- Number of Channels: Single channel (mono)
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (± 0.2dB)
- Dynamic range: 135dB
- Maximum input: +21dB @ 20Hz - 20kHz
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.05% from 20Hz~20kHz @-10dB
- Phase deviation: 0.3° @ 100Hz; 3° @ 20Hz
- Input impedance: 140k Ohms, unbalanced
- Output impedance: 150 Ohms, balanced
- Transformer: Jensen JT-DBE, 12:1 ratio
- Shield: Faraday, mu-metal can
- Input pad: -15dB
- Merge: Sums left & right sources to mono
- 180° polarity reverse: Inverts absolute phase
- Ground lift: Disconnects pin-1 at XLR output
- Speaker filter: -30dB pad and band-pass filter
- XLR configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Connectors: 1/4" in & thru, XLR-M out
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis & outer shell
- Finish: Baked enamel
- Power: Passive, no power required
- Size: 84 x 127 x 48 mm
- Weight: 770 g
Detailed Shipping & Return Policy Information
- Free Delivery - 3 to 5 Days
- Express Delivey ($20) - 1 to 3 Days
- Store Pick Up (South Melbourne) - Free
Delivery Time frame
Soundcorp will ship all goods the first business day once all funds have cleared.
Refunds and Returns
Defective or dead on arrival items, will be exchanged within 14 days. Return shipping is the responsibility of the customer.
Write Your Own Review
- Soundcorp will match or beat any advertised price on products in-store and on-line.
Complete the details below and a customer support representative will contact you directly with our offer.
Limited to products offered by authorised Australian dealers.
Excludes stock liquidations & commercial quantity's.
Product for price match must be identical and brand new in the box.
Product must be in stock or readily available with an authorised vendor.
The advertised product must be freely available to purchase by any member of the public.