Radial J48 Phantom Power Active Direct Box Details
The Radial J48 has been designed from the ground up to deliver the most natural tone.
As a direct box manufacturer, Radial do not believe it is their task to alter the sound of your prized '1962 Fender Jazz Bass', but retain and transfer the true character of the instrument to the mixing console without adding distortion or introducing artifact. This design philosophy has gained a tremendous following from many of the world's most demanding musicians.
Using only 48V phantom power, the Radial J48 is an active direct box that produces an exceptionally linear response that extends from 20Hz up to well above 40kHz. Low distortion of all types is achieved via a unique digital switching power supply that raises the internal operating rail voltage for added headroom and improved signal handling.
The J48 delivers an ideal even-order harmonic cascade and a sonic performance that outperforms DIs costing several hundreds more.
- Ultra low distortion of all types
- Exceptional headroom & dynamic range
- Retains instrument's natural sound
- Powered by 48V phantom
- Audio circuit type: Proprietary analog circuit with low-noise op-amp
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20KHz (± 1.5dB)
- Dynamic range: 109dB
- Noise Floor: -99dB below 0dBu
- Equivalent input noise: -103dBu
- Maximum input: +10dBu
- Total harmonic distortion: 0.002% @ -5dBu
- Inter-modulation distortion: 0.003% @ -3dBu
- Phase deviation: +10º at 20Hz | 0º at 1kHz | -1º at 20kHz
- Input impedance: 220k? - 1/4" input
- Output impedance: 600? - XLR output
- Input pad: -15dB
- Polarity: 180º signal polarity reverse switch
- Merge function: IN and THRU jacks are summed to mono
- Low-cut filter: -3 dB @ 80Hz
- Ground lift: Disconnects pin-1 at XLR output
- XLR configuration: AES standard (pin-2 hot)
- Construction: 14 gauge steel chassis and outer shell, baked enamel finish
- Power: 48V phantom - proprietary digital switching
- Size: 84 x 127 x 48 mm
- Weight: 720 g
Detailed Shipping & Return Policy Information
- Free Delivery - 3 to 5 Days
- Express Delivey ($20) - 1 to 3 Days
- Store Pick Up (South Melbourne) - Free
Delivery Time frame
Soundcorp will ship all goods the first business day once all funds have cleared.
Refunds and Returns
Defective or dead on arrival items, will be exchanged within 14 days. Return shipping is the responsibility of the customer.
Write Your Own Review
- Soundcorp will match or beat any advertised price on products in-store and on-line.
Complete the details below and a customer support representative will contact you directly with our offer.
Limited to products offered by authorised Australian dealers.
Excludes stock liquidations & commercial quantity's.
Product for price match must be identical and brand new in the box.
Product must be in stock or readily available with an authorised vendor.
The advertised product must be freely available to purchase by any member of the public.