Radial J33Active Turntable Phono Pre Amp DI Direct Box Details
The Radial J33 is designed specifically for use with turntables and is a combination RIAA turntable preamp and active direct box. This allows vinyl albums (LP's) to be connected directly to a microphone preamp in a mixing console. The unit is ideally suited for archiving, sampling, scratch performances and DJ mixing when the highest possible sound quality is required.
The J33 is designed for use with magnetic cartridges only (the box does not support active cartridges) and the choice of outputs makes the unit very flexible. It can feed a hi-Z input such as a DJ system, and a low-Z input such as a pro-mixing console at the same time. It can be used solely as an RIAA preamp with hi-fi equipment or as an RIAA preamp and direct box combination.
The J33 may be powered with 48V phantom when used with a mixing console, or with the included power supply when phantom is not available. Housed in a heavy-duty enclosure that makes it impossible to torque the PC board, the outer shell of the J33 features a book-end design that protects the connectors and switches.
- Turntable preamp and direct box combination with RIAA EQ curve for proper playback response
- Designed specifically for magnetic turntable cartridges
- Multiple outputs for usage flexibility
- Rumble filter stops low-frequency feedback
- Applications include pro DJ touring and night clubs, archiving vinyl records, recording digital samples from vinyl and recording scratch performances
- Full bottom pad improves electrical isolation and keeps the unit from moving around on busy stages
- Eliminates need for DJ mixer
- Can be used as hi-fi turntable preamp
- Powered by 48V phantom or external supply
- Input Connections: 2 x RCA phono
- Output Connectors:
- 2 x XLR
- 1 x 1/4" TRS phone
- 1 x 1/8" TRS stereo mini phone
- 2 x RCA phono
- Input Level: 50mV @ 1kHz
- Output Level:
- -10dB consumer line level
- -60dB 600 Ω microphone level
- Controls: 1 x Rotary control - Rumble Filter
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Power: 15VDC or 48V phantom power (auto switching)
- Specialties: High pass filter, 200Hz cut off, -3dB at 100Hz
- Width: 127 mm
- Depth: 159 mm
- Height: 51 mm
- Weight: 1.28 kg
Detailed Shipping & Return Policy Information
- Free Delivery - 3 to 5 Days
- Express Delivey ($20) - 1 to 3 Days
- Store Pick Up (South Melbourne) - Free
Delivery Time frame
Soundcorp will ship all goods the first business day once all funds have cleared.
Refunds and Returns
Defective or dead on arrival items, will be exchanged within 14 days. Return shipping is the responsibility of the customer.
Write Your Own Review
- Soundcorp will match or beat any advertised price on products in-store and on-line.
Complete the details below and a customer support representative will contact you directly with our offer.
Limited to products offered by authorised Australian dealers.
Excludes stock liquidations & commercial quantity's.
Product for price match must be identical and brand new in the box.
Product must be in stock or readily available with an authorised vendor.
The advertised product must be freely available to purchase by any member of the public.