Audio Technica AT4050 Studio Condenser Microphone Details
Audio-Technica's AT4050SM is the studio condenser that captures every nuance.
With three switchable polar patterns, the large-diaphragm Audio-Technica AT4050SM exhibits a remarkable combination of qualities: high-SPL capability with transparent and airy uppers/mids complemented by rich low-end qualities. Its dual large diaphragms are gold-vaporized and aged for consistent, outstanding performance.
A precision-machined, nickel-plated brass acoustic element baffle provides rock-solid element stability and exceptional sensitivity. Supplied with AT8449 shockmount.
Ideal for studio use and live sound productions with vocals, piano, strings, drum overheads, guitar amps, and more.
- Transparent uppers/mids balanced by rich low-end qualities combine with advanced acoustic engineering for extensive performance capabilities and highest quality.
- Dual-diaphragm capsule design maintains precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range of the microphone.
- The 2-micron-thick, vapor-deposited gold diaphragms undergo a five-step aging process so that the optimum characteristics achieved remain constant over years of use.
- Three switchable polar patterns: omni, cardioid, figure-of-eight.
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients.
- State-of-the-art surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with Audio-Technica's stringent consistency and reliability standards.
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad.
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation.
- Element: Externally-polarized (DC bias) condenser
- Frequency Rresponse: 20-18,000 Hz
- Low Frequency Roll Off: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -36 dB (15.8 mV), re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 149 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.; 159 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Dynamic Range: 132 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 77 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 4.2 mA typical
- Weight: 510 g
- Dimensions: 188.0 mm long & 53.4 mm maximum body diameter
- Accessories: AT8449 shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; protective carrying case
Detailed Shipping & Return Policy Information
- Free Delivery - 3 to 5 Days
- Express Delivey ($20) - 1 to 3 Days
- Store Pick Up (South Melbourne) - Free
Delivery Time frame
Soundcorp will ship all goods the first business day once all funds have cleared.
Refunds and Returns
Defective or dead on arrival items, will be exchanged within 14 days. Return shipping is the responsibility of the customer.
Write Your Own Review
- Soundcorp will match or beat any advertised price on products in-store and on-line.
Complete the details below and a customer support representative will contact you directly with our offer.
Limited to products offered by authorised Australian dealers.
Excludes stock liquidations & commercial quantity's.
Product for price match must be identical and brand new in the box.
Product must be in stock or readily available with an authorised vendor.
The advertised product must be freely available to purchase by any member of the public.