ART Pro VLA II 2-Channel Tube Compressor Details
The ART Pro-VLA II is a tube driven Vactrol-based compressor/leveling amplifier designed for tracking, mixing, mastering, live sound, or broadcast situations.
By using an opto-electronic design, the Pro-VLA II allows more compression to be added to an audio source with a more natural, musical sounding output and virtually transparent dynamic leveling. This VCA-less design coupled with a 12AT7 vacuum tube in the gain stage makes the Pro-VLA II an ideal dynamic control device.
- Vactrol Opto-Compression Design (no VCA)
- Mastering-Quality Audio Signal Path with Tube Gain Stage
- Enhanced Link Mode - While in stereo link mode, channel 1 level control acts as a master output level and channel 2 becomes a balance control between them, - optimizing the Pro-VLA II for use as a mastering tool
- Variable Threshold, Ratio & Output Controls
- LED Backlit VU Input/Output Level Metering
- LED Metering Indicates Both Average Level And Peak Hold
- Accurate Ten Segment LED Gain Reduction Metering
- +4dBu/-10dBV Mode Switch Optimizes Pro-VLA II For Interface With Professional OR Consumer Grade Components
- Active Balanced XLR And 1/4-inch Inputs and Outputs
- Toroidal Transformer Reduces Mechanical and Electrical Hum
ART's Tube Compressor/Leveling Amplifier deliver analog leveling/compression designed to work seamlessly with any recording, sound-reinforcement, and electronic instrument application. It excels at making tracks sound rich and full for both live audio engineering and studio recording applications.
ART's tube compression circuitry is a hybrid design utilizing advanced analog and tube technology, and has exceptional signal integrity with extremely low noise.
This unit utilizes optical electronics (a device known as a Vactrol), coupled with a 12AT7 vacuum tube gain stage for superior musical performance. Unlike typical compressors which use VCAs to control level detection, ART tube compressors are very musical, expressive and natural-sounding.
- Number of Channels: 2
- Controls: Input Threshold, Ratio, Attack, Release, Output
- Threshold: -30dB to 20 dB
- Ratio: 2:1 to 20:1
- Frequency Response: 10Hz-100kHz
- Inputs: 2 x XLR, 2 x 1/4"
- Outputs: 2 x XLR, 2 x 1/4"
- Rackmount Spaces: 2U
- Height: 89 mm
- Width: 483 mm
- Depth: 487 mm
- Weight: 4.8 kg
Detailed Shipping & Return Policy Information
- Free Delivery - 3 to 5 Days
- Express Delivey ($20) - 1 to 3 Days
- Store Pick Up (South Melbourne) - Free
Delivery Time frame
Soundcorp will ship all goods the first business day once all funds have cleared.
Refunds and Returns
Defective or dead on arrival items, will be exchanged within 14 days. Return shipping is the responsibility of the customer.
Write Your Own Review
- Soundcorp will match or beat any advertised price on products in-store and on-line.
Complete the details below and a customer support representative will contact you directly with our offer.
Limited to products offered by authorised Australian dealers.
Excludes stock liquidations & commercial quantity's.
Product for price match must be identical and brand new in the box.
Product must be in stock or readily available with an authorised vendor.
The advertised product must be freely available to purchase by any member of the public.